Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seattle, Lovely...

Worked 10 solid hours, yesterday, and five hours today...and I'm tired and feeling a bit cranky...but I'm sorry I'm headed back to SA Ugly, tomorrow. Back to an uncertain future in a town I very much dislike. Seems my possible job set-up with the freight forwarder will continue to be an "only on occasion" thing and money I'm owed by people (who shall remain unnamed...for now) isn't going to be paid to me anytime soon. The money I made this weekend will pay for a month's expenses. After that, I'm broke. Guess I'm slated to become a starving artist, because I can't seem to get anyone to be willing to hire me on a full-time basis. Must be my books; they can be a freak-out for the conservative crowd.

"Marked For Death" is taking some complex turns, and I wonder if I can get away with them in a screenplay. I need to put more thought into it before I further the story. It's not ME that has a problem with complexity in my scripts, it's coverage people who don't want to have to pay attention when they skim their assignments. And I want this one to get sold. Period. So I need to consider the fools I'm writing for, first of all, and THEN the market.

Do I sound arrogant or what? Hee-hee.

No comments: