To link CORRECTLY is better. I'm finding that half the time when I think I've linked to something, it doesn't work out. I mean, it works for me when I test it because I'm signed into the site I'm linking to. But if you don't have an account or haven't signed up with them, all you get is a shrug.
Example -- linking to my list of scripts on MovieBytes' site -- Winning Scripts. I copied the URL for the page showing all the scripts I have listed there -- a total of 8, but when I linked to it on my laptop, which isn't set up to automatically sign in when I go there, it comes up with a "no listing" response. I sent them a message asking how I do this and haven't had a response yet.
Doesn't help I'm fighting allergies. I've known for years Texas and I don't get along as regards Cedar Fever and mold, but the last couple days have proven it to me in spades. The only thing that works against it is Benadryl, and that makes me into a zombie. So...sneeze my guts out or become one of the walking dead. What a choice.
Of course, I never get any writing done at times like this.
UPDATE: Just heard back from Winning Scripts and got the correct link. Seems I HAD done it right, once before; I just wasn't doing it the same way, this time. Consistency is not one of my virtues.