Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Memories...

While going through my notes and over a list of all the scripts I've written (27, thus far) I came across one I'd started a few years back but got waylaid from at about the halfway point -- and I've decided to finish it this month. The title: "Marked For Death". It's an action-packed thriller and has a major role for an up-and-coming male teen along the lines of Shia LeBeouf, so I figure once it's done I have a decent chance of selling it. Start on the road to building my reserves to live in Galway for 4 years.

Of course, this reminded me that I have a number of scripts I began but never finished. Some were just bad ideas, some I got confused on where they were going and had to stop and a few I just got sidetracked and never went back to them. I'm the type writer who feels an obligation to finish a story or script if it wants to be completed, and two others have made sure I know that's exactly what they want -- an existential-thriller ("Bandit Country") I was going to set in Scotland and a romance ("Butterfly Champagne") set in Berlin. Hmph -- two "BC's" and no "AD's". Wonder if that means anything more than me being silly?

Anyway, I have another script that I reworked into a book that desperately needs a polish ("The Golden Sea"), and yet another about an artist accused of being a serial killer ("The Six Days Of Jemmy T") that're just waiting for me to be ready to make them happen. So I have a lot on my plate in need of focus on top of my Irish story, "Place Of Safety." And that's with my savings about gone. Damn -- talk about your perfect timing.

If anybody knows anyone willing to back me, financially, so I can focus on nothing but my writing for the next few years...like a patron...I'll dedicate everything to you. Really, I will.

No comments: