Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Happy at last

I just finished another polish of RIHC6v2 and feel good about it...which is probably a mistake. So I'm going to let it sit for a little while. I talked to the publisher, today, and he said they're running WAY behind. He's currently trying to add people to the payroll so he can catch up. Wish he'd mentioned this before I moved to Buffalo...but that would have meant staying in central Texas and that's not a good place to be, right now. Not for someone like me, anyway, being a liberal. I mean -- yes, Austin's a much more advanced area than anywhere else in Texas, but it's also the city that spit out a crackpot who flew his airplane into an office building full of people, the majority of whom had nothing whatsoever to do with the IRS.

Enough of that. Let me just say I like how things worked out in the book. I think it's pretty much ready and I couldn't be more relieved. I was starting to worry I'd gone in too many directions for it to come together. It's still a bit ragged at the end, but I don't really mind that. Let's see how I feel after it's been sitting for a week.

In anticipation of my trip to Paris, I downloaded all the images off my digital camera and found a couple worth sharing. This is a drive-by shot of downtown Miami on the causeway to South Beach.

Came out a LOT better than I thought it would, seeing as how I was driving at 50 while taking it. Let it never be said I'm unwilling to take chances in exchange for something fun.

I was going to do one of a river of ice under Niagra Falls, but I just realized it's too big and need to minimize it to fit on here. Oh, well -- here's a river surfer in Boise, Idaho.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be visiting there for any reason, but I did a year and a half ago, to pack a library on fishing...which does NOT surprise me.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Miami looks beautiful.
Lived in Florida almost my entire life and haven't been there. A road trip may be in order.

JamTheCat said...

Miami is DAMNED confusing. They have streets and avenues with the same numbered names and have absolutely nothing to do with each other...and most of the e are very poorly marked. It's ludicrous.

But South Beach, once I found it, was nice and the food's good.