Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I'm surrounded by cats

Well...just two big fluffy ones that seem to love sipping their water from a glass on my desk. And taking my seat when I get up. The joys of working in a small office -- you get critters to join in with your life. I was afraid it'd be a problem and I'd have to get allergy shots (and since I needed the job, that's what I'd have done rather than decline the offer), but so far other than a hint of sneezing in the mornings, I'm fine. Guess there's more to my allergies than just kitty dandruff.

I'm not used to working full days; when I got home last night, I was beat. All from sitting at a desk and working on prepping for a book fair in New York. And packing a work of art to be shipped to Florida. Today so far, I've sent out e-mails asking for documentation from certain book dealers. Nice to have a salary, again, but it's tedious work.

I did get back to RIHC6v2 and worked through a couple of chapters. I'm taking my time -- doing just a few hours each night so I can work on my French and get my life into a new sort of schedule. Next comes BC3...and I'm thinking more and more about POS and Brendan. If I want a first draft done by the end of the year, I need to get on it. I still have a lot of reading to do, but maybe I'm being a little too afraid of it and ought to just jump in and make it mine, again. I owe it to Brendan for being so patient with me and my jitters.

No comments: