Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The more I change...

The more I'm still like I am. If that makes sense. I'm refering to the edit I'm doing on RIHC6v2 and getting weary of talking about. When I'm considering animal adoption for my characters, it's definitely time to end this and get it off before I get carted off to a padded cell.

Halfway through a chapter in section 2, I decided to add back in a character I'd taken out -- not completely but just in that part of the book. And I'm of two minds about it. On the one hand, it seems to dissipate the energy of the first half of the chapter...but on the other hand, it just makes sense for this person to be there -- too damn much sense to ignore, because it's part of an intimidation game being played between people who hate each other. And now I'm loathe to change it because it worked in without adding any pages. To me, that usually means it's a "yes" from the ether.

And also means I'm deep enough into the story to just sense what works with the rhythm and not think about it. So I think I will just finish this edit and do a spell check and that will be that.

Of course, Nazca Plains is backed up with books to publish, now. I wonder how long it'll take to become available on Amazon? And if I can finagle a way to cut in front?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had some friends over on Sunday for dinner and autographed some copies of Sarge and the Sailor Boy. Two days later I get a call and one of them wants to know if there will be a sequel.

Just goes to show you what kind of taste my friends have.

JamTheCat said...

Why not? It's a good book -- well written.