Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Not at all disappointed

In the Oscars, last night. Too much of it was a foregone conclusion but it didn't matter, I think it's cool the director of "Near Dark" is the first woman to win an Academy Award for directing, but as much as I like Jeff Bridges, I'd have preferred Colin Firth getting the Best Actor...but I guess it's too much to have someone win two years in a row for playing gay.

I reread book 1 of RIHC6, yesterday before the party, and found a few aspects I didn't get back to in book 2, so need to work those into the next draft. Man, I got carried away in the complexity of this tale. I hope people can follow it and still have fun with it. Maybe I should start writing political intrigues...wait...that's what I'm doing with "Coby O' and the Pink Palace of Texas" eventually.

Hmph, I'm so far ahead of me, I don't know where I've been.

A note on the mechanics of my blog -- I went back and removed the name of that company I did the storyboards for. Seems I may have gotten the advertising agency in trouble by whining about them. That was never my intention...but I guess this is why I don't do well in the corporate world -- I don't know when to keep it to myself.

1 comment:

Michael said...

"A Single Man" was one of my favorite films of last year. I really wanted Colin to get it.