Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Schedule's still off

Busy day and I was exhausted to begin with. Seems the trip's finally caught up to me. I'm in Charlotte, right now, aiming for Miami and hope to do more writing, but got nothing done yesterday or the day before.

Something I have to get used to in a Buffalo winter is the ice that appears out of nowhere. I parked my car at the airport and got out, headed for the shuttle, bags and hot tea in hand -- and whoosh, there goes the feets. I landed on my clothing bag so only scraped my knee (it bled through my pants) but they were a light brown and now have little red dots around the center right leg. I bought a Sprite and sloshed that on it -- I'd heard carbonated soda works on keeping the blood from setting, but it looks like all I did was smear it. Oh well -- they weren't exactly new pants. And I have another pair with me. Still it's irritating.

I'm behind schedule, now, on RIHC6v2. Dammit. Sometimes I get too ambitious and forget I'm not 20 years old, anymore -- I'm 23...and will be till the day I die. I also forget how much I want my characters to work right in the stories they give me, and it can take a while for me to clear away the crap that's floating around them. But it's getting there. I hope.

Time to get ready for the second leg of my flight.

No comments: