Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Now PARIS is off?!?!?!?!

Dammit -- I've got all my paperwork, my hotel's reserved, I have everything planned out for my trip to Paris -- and a damn volcano has to pick THIS moment to blow. Why me? What does this always happen to me? Is there no one else in the world for the fates to play with so? (Picture rending of cloth and hear howls at the moon, here.)

De Gualle is closed, right now, but US Airways still issued me a boarding pass for my flights tomorrow. So...if I don't hear otherwise, I'm heading down. I have contingency plans -- flying into Frankfurt, Zurich or Barcelona -- but those mean less time for me in the City of Light and Kyle don't like that idea. I guess I'll know if I'm going when the plane does or don't take off. If I don't get to go, I'll really be pissed...but we have a contingency plan for that, too. Man, life can be such an adventure.

So I came home early and am keeping my eyes and ears open for the latest, and I decided to do another draft of DL before I leave. I was going to wait, but since I may be here instead of there, I may as well put my time waiting to some good use.

Oh...lord...does ANYone suffer as I do? ANYone? Sigh. (Picture a face full of ennui, here, along with a cup of hot tea and a chocolate biscotti.)

3 comments:

Writer said...

I would love to go to Paris and stay a week or two and then backpack (yes, I know...how original) around Europe. Just me and everything I need on my back - well, and apparently a layer of ash.

JamTheCat said...

Yeah, stupid volcano.

Michael said...

We've got volcanoes erupting and wrecking international travel? Man, I really need to start reading the news more often.
Hope you make it to Paris soon enough and have a great time.