Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Hoping for tomorrow...

To be the day I get WiFi set up in my apartment. It depends on so many different things coming together -- the building is wired for it and, if not, that the technician doesn't need to run wires but can connect everything will via whatever boxes are there, already, and it will all work out right and on and on. If it doesn't, I have no idea what to do next...except continue to steal WiFi off Starbuck's while I'm here. If I stay longer, I'll need another place to live.

Today was a bit intense at work. Due to customs issues, two of our three air cargo containers bound for New York from London missed their bookings -- mainly because some idiot at the airline didn't think we'd make the flight so gave our space to someone else and wouldn't change things back -- so they're still at Heathrow awaiting transport. We're hoping to get them on a Sunday flight, but nothing's guaranteed. what's funny is, as difficult as Customs was to deal with, once all the paperwork was right, they bent over backwards to help us get things going faster. I even spoke to one official who explained exactly what was wrong with one packing list, got the client to correct it and got the shipment out in nothing flat. And that was at 8pm their time.

Monday is work on Paris...prepping the paperwork for it and figuring out what does and does not need to be done by me since our agent in Paris a) is French and b) speaks French so c) will do a much better job of dealing with people than I would with my minimal French. I'll be handling the airway bills and liaising with the clients and making sure everything's on the truck for London before it leaves. All that for a day in Paris...and gladly.

I have to pay taxes before I leave and have no idea how I'll be able to. Guess I'll have to file for an extension.

I found more of BC-3 and added it in, so now I have 186 rough pages. Now I just need to figure out what it'll take to link them and make it all coherent and work within the framework of 1&2.

No comments: