Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Didn't get to AbFab

The wine is chilled.  The crackers waiting for their cream cheese (my version of a canape). The disk is here.  And I got lost in research, like a dweeb.  Links to info I'd not had access to, before, as regards POS.  Things like that.

And I took a nap, after work.  I'm in this idiot habit of hitting the bed between 1:30 and 2 am then having to get up at 8 to get to work.  But no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to arrange my schedule to get to bed earlier and grab more sleep, that way.  So...since I was yawning like a fool, I just streamed "Morning Becomes Eclectic" from KCRW's archives and lay down after dinner.  Rested for just under an hour then took half an hour to get my mind back in gear.  Then came e-mails and reading through my book and checking websites and one thing lead to another and...wait...I just realized...I only had 1 Dr. Pepper, today.  No WONDER I'm tired; that's my caffeine.

So is hot tea, when I'm not doing the herbal kind.  Never could get into coffee.  It smells great and tastes burned.  The only time I ever even halfway liked it was an Irish coffee I had in college, which was so sweet, you couldn't taste anything but the spices.

I'm working at overloading myself with people's experiences in Derry between 1968 and 1972...and it's pretty intense, at times.  Rona Field's books clinically state horrors visited on not just Catholics but also Protestants, especially children. Gonna be a fight to make any of this seem like fun.

I also went back through Eamon Melaugh's book of photos of Derry and remembered even more are posted on CAIN.  Meaning no writing done.

And no AbFab, sweetie.  The wine'll have to stay on ice.


No comments: