Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, May 9, 2011

I talk too much

On the page, anyway.  My last few posts have been LONG and there's no need for that.  Except I'm trying to work things out in my head and it helps to write about it because that makes me focus my thoughts.  Right now, I'm wondering how to make the center part of POS, the part set in Houston, relevant to the rest of the story...but I already know, really.  It's just going to take a lot of work to make it work, if it will work.

So far, the chapters I've filled in for the Houston section are insipid and tedious.  But they're carrying the story along.  Thing is, I don't want to share any more of the story because I'm at the point where I'll be revealing surprises (well, what I HOPE are surprises) in Brendan's life.

Ah, the joy of writing -- you never know what's going to be brought to the table.

Of course, it's now thought the world is going to end on May 22nd -- 05222011...or is it the 21st...05212011?  Hell, I don't remember.  It's one or the other...probably the 21st because that looks more like an interesting number while the 22nd looks like a snooze designation.  But apparently some twerp who predicted the earth would end back in 1994 also predicted it would really, REALLY end on the 21st (or so).  I'm still trying to figure out what happened to 12212012...which is a much more visual number.  And when the 22nd or 23rd comes around, they'll find some excuse to explain away why it didn't happen and latch onto a new "use by" date..."they" being the idiots who believed it.  It's amazing how easily people can shrug off reality when they want to (me being no exception).

Of course, if the world DOES end on  the 21st, all my work on POS will have been for nothing...and that'll REALLY piss me off.

No comments: