Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, August 22, 2011

After the rain comes the slug

Meaning me. I slept till nearly 1pm, thanks to the Zyrtek I took, so got started late. But I do feel a lot more rested. I spent much of the day cleaning up my computer's settings, links and e-mails. And prepping for a trip to Philadelphia on the 6th. It's ludicrous, but air fares on the day after Labor Day were stunning in their cost -- $400 one way from Buffalo to a city that's closer than NYC? Jeez! I wound up booking a flight to Baltimore then hopping the train, which cost about a fourth of that, total.

The following week is a packing job in New Jersey. And it looks like the LA job is dead. Oh, well.

Had some interesting dreams, last night, one of which dealt with a flood in a valley-like area I was visiting.  More like a stream that was gushing over a road that I wanted to cross but was too deep, so I went a bit upstream, which was uphill, and it was a lot less intense...and then it was just water coming out of a broken pipe. Someone was with me, though I don't know who he was...except he was younger and made me happily nervous. Then we were in a dark house with windows high up in the walls, so you couldn't see out and barely had any illumination from them. That's when I woke.

I've found that when I have dreams vivid enough to remember, they sort of happen later. I don't know if it's clairvoyance or me tapping into some part of the ether more openly than when I'm writing or if I'm just remembering something that DID happen but in a different way, and later, when the deja vu thing hits and I sort of recall the dream, it's really just something similar from my past that I'd forgotten.

I don't know if that makes sense, but it works for me as an author.

Damn, I've got so much ironing to do and absolutely no drive to do it.

No comments: