Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Forward movement

Little brother has a home to move to on September 1st.  Nice and convenient to the bus and possible employment...but that's still the next step -- getting him a job now that he's been out of the workforces for the last year and a half.  At least half the concern is gone.

So far we've applied to a couple of school districts and some temp agencies as well as signed up with Workforce Texas, the state's employment commission.  It's hard to get Kelly going, at times, but he's moving forward, finally.  All it takes is patience and consistency, like dealing with a 5 year old.

I got the okay from STARbooks Press to redo LD...though they were not happy about it.  But after a little begging and playing beta-dog to their alpha, they sent me the prepped version and said I could make my changes within that.  Just no new page breaks or paragraphs, which I can work within.  I'm lucky they said okay; it got close to them deciding not to publish...but the fact is, LD was in no condition to be released in its current version and to do so would have been an embarrassment.  I think that helped make then see I wasn't being flighty about this.

Now I'm beat.  More of mom's things are gone and bit by bit we're pulling together enough to pay back the money we borrowed for mom's funeral.  My hope is to have that finished by the end of the year...but I'm not sure about that.  I'm in the hole, too, and need to reduce the amount on my business Visa card.  It's not going to be an easy time of it, the next few months.

No comments: