Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Pathology

I'm a freak. Here I am working on a book I don't even like -- Inherent Flaws, just to be clear -- and I'm worried about sending it out before it's ready. I rewrote it...had to rewrite it because many spots in the last draft I did had been changed and the changes including nothing in the way of punctuation. I had never seen anyone write sentences without at least putting in commas...but that has changed.

There were some places where I just plain could not understand what the changes were supposed to mean, so I cut them out, completely. Turned out they weren't needed, so NBD. Now I'm asking friends to read the book and give me feedback on it so I can make it as good as I can.

It helped being sick. I slept part of the day and didn't want to go out, so stuck at the computer the rest of the time, eating soup and drinking herbal tea and toast and GOD, I want an eclair! Or Chili's ribs and fries with chips and salsa. But at least I'm feeling a bit better.

This is my 999th post, BTW. Tomorrow will be my 1000th, and I wonder what I should do to commemorate it?

No comments: