Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Nap time

I blew off working on anything, this evening and took a nice long nap after diner. I was about to drop over thanks to Zyrtek; the doctor I saw this morning told me I don't have bronchitis, just allergies, and suggested I try that to help get rid of the crap in my chest, but it makes me dog-tired sleepy. I was going through an auction catalog most of the afternoon and about to do a total crash and burn before I gave up.

Now I'm wide awake and going to dig back into OT for a little while. I'm trying to figure out who's staying in and who's not needed, anymore...and make the names of people consistent. I found the assistant to an ADA was noted as being Ms. Ginty in one section and Ms. Morrison in another. That would be confusing. I'm also dumping the section of Owen's story that doesn't fit.

I need to get OT done, because POS is beginning to stir, again, and for the first time in ages the beginning of "Darian's Point", where I show how the legends began, has come knocking and given me a new way to increase the meaning of the story. Shit, I have too much to do to have to work for a living.

Problem is, suddenly I'm looking at needing a good $14,000 by the end of the year to meet all the things I need to pay. My youngest brother is getting his teeth fixed at the University's dental school, but suddenly it's costing twice what he was told. My sister's able to do a good portion of it, but I don't think she can handle it alone and my middle brother is worthless when it comes to helping out on things like this. It's always, "I will", and then he never does.

Hmph, he sounds like the publisher of my first books. With him it's always, "Things are coming together" but they never do when it comes to money. The positive thing is, I may have a couple of packing jobs in August, so that will help a lot.

I never thought I'd be doing this much work at this age and still going backwards, financially, buff I retire at 66, I'll have to go bankrupt in order to be able to live on Social Security, if that's still around by the time the GOP gets done with it. So I'll be working till I'm dead.

What's funny is, I still don't see my writing as being work...because as much as I bitch about it, it's too much a part of me and a hell of a lot of fun more often than not.


No comments: