Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Rollin' with the day

Added 10 more pages and another 2200 words to OT, in the bit leading up to where Jake has a run-in with two cops. Seems he's already making enemies in town and running into dead ends. Another two characters popped up, and I'm not sure what to make of one, yet, while the other makes perfect sense. But the mystery's building, and all for a reason. I think. I HOPE.

I've been trying to keep away from the online news, too much, because then I want to read the comments...and then I want to make comments of my own. And I'm finding I can be as nasty as some right-wing-scum when it comes to stating my opinion. But I don't do good about that.

I'm having fun, right now, with that reporter who heckled Obama during a speech in the Rose Garden. His name's Munro, he's an Irish citizen with a green card to work in the US, and he wanted to know "why Obama favors foreign workers over Americans."

Does anyone else see the problem with this?

Apparently few do...because he's now a hero to the right wing for exhibiting a complete lack of manners or decorum in the face of the President. Now I don't like Obama, and I'm not going to vote for him in November; I'm voting Green. But this skunk of a reporter is now saying he just mistimed his questions, which is a flat out lie; the video shows Obama was still talking when Munro spit out his words.

But what's most interesting is, he was on Sean Hannity's show (on Fox, of course) defending himself and asking why foreign workers get preference over American workers. And Hannity was all but giving him a hand job. Completely ignoring the fact that...drum roll please...Munro is a foreign worker who took a job away from an American.

It would be funny if it wasn't so damned indicative of how appallingly STUPID the right wing is. And I mean flat out stupid.

But then maybe the whole friggin' country is, because on top of it, I'm learning there are kids out there who have no idea who Rodney King was, or who Paul McCartney is, or that the Titanic was an actual historical event and not just a snazzy movie...but who probably know what Justin Beiber had for lunch and which Kardashian is which.

This is what we get from 20 years of the GOP denigrating people actually having an education. It's the end of the world.

No comments: