Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Blankness

On the drive back to Dallas from Plainview, I don't think I thought about anything. If I did, I don't remember it. I just zoned and focused on not driving more than 5mph over the speed limit, because there were a lot of DPS boys out and about. I saw people getting pulled over about every fifty miles, it seemed.

The nice thing about a rental car is, if you get a nice enough one, you get cruise control. Of course, the bad thing is, what they consider a nice enough vehicle is a Ford focus, which is really a sub-compact. It runs okay, but is underpowered on hills. At least...before I was using cruise it had trouble maintaining a steady speed. With cruise, it did fine. Weird.

What's interesting is, Fords have always been known as rattle-traps...and this new car with under 8000 miles on it is proving the axiom. It had a number of little squeaks and quirky sounds to it. Nothing really bad, just noticeable.

Got nothing else to say. Total blank. I guess my brain's on vacation.

No comments: