Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Picky, picky...

I need to do another pass on A65 before I hand it out. I think I've lost the comedy thread and the story has become too laden with detail. Doesn't help that my mood's in the crapper. When I get like this, I could tear apart any story. I've only got 20 pages left to redo...and I've already thought of another restructuring for the finale...

No, I gotta break this stupid cycle. Even if I get slapped around by feedback, it's better than worrying myself into a stupid frazzle and only achieve making things worse for the characters.

I got my proof of "Bobby Carapisi - the Complete Novel",,,and found a typo on the back of the dust jacket. I misspelled Eric's last name as Larsen instead of Larson. I deliberately have Allen do that in the book, but I should know better. Shit, I'm fuckin' worthless, sometimes.

It's been a rough week at work, and not just because of Sandy, though that's hurt our schedule a hell of a lot. Half the people we deal with in NYC and New Jersey are still messed up, even as we're trying to get books in for the Boston Book Fair and send high-value shipments out and deal with French customs demands and on and on. It's because I keep screwing up. I forget to save airway bills and didn't do a pre-alert to our London agent, yesterday, so had to ask my boss to do it since he was in the office (if we hadn't sent it, the package would not have been picked up in time to deliver to the client by noon).

It seems I just can't focus on the things I need to do.

the Kindle version of "Bobby Carapisi -- the Complete Novel" is up on Amazon. I priced it at $2.99. I tried to do it on Kobo, but they have a weird payment system for royalties that I have to accept, even though it only pays in Australian dollars. WTF is that? I've got an e-mail off to them to see if I can get around it, in some way.

Screw it -- when I get done with this draft of A65, it's going out for comments, no matter how crappy I think it is.

No comments: