Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Time to get feedback...

I just finished red-penning "The Alice 65" screenplay, making sure the ideas I'd had are marked in their appropriate places and typos (those I can find) are noted. It's less a restructuring and more of a realignment. I'll begin inputting everything, tomorrow, and will probably have a draft ready to read by Wednesday or Thursday.

I guess I should call this a romantic-dramedy as opposed to comedy...I honestly have no idea. Even taking off this much time, I'm still too close to the script to know if it works or not. To me, everything is perfectly placed, now. Of course, I've been there, before...and gotten shot down beautifully. But it's part of the process.

Oh, and just to be clear -- I'm only having fun using these images of Eliza Dushku and Russell Tovey; I think Gertrude and the book are in public domain. I don't own the appropriate rights so will not be using them to push the book or publicize it; it's just for me. And don't judge the quality; I threw this together for my own visual.

I like Adam and Casey. I want them to work things out, if they can. But I've thrown in enough harshness to show it doesn't always...which is the one big problem with romantic-comedies -- you know the lead male and female will get together at the end.

So...if anybody wants to read a screenplay and give me feedback, I'd really appreciate it. It's registered and all that, so no problems there.

A new hurdle in the saga to publish "Bobby Carapisi - The Complete Novel". Amazon wants to know in writing that I have the right to do this. I've contacted Herbert about it but heard nothing back. This should prove interesting.

Never can be easy, can it?

No comments: