Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, February 7, 2014

Busy, busy, busy....

No editing or writing done but met with friends and all caught up on my world...except for the photos I took of the dealers' trunks in their booths. The images are several megs large, each, and we don't need that much quality; it's just for our records. I should tell my camera not to do it, but I know I'll forget to change it back, so I'm just slipping into iPhoto to downsize them.

It's fun seeing people I've known for so long. Makes me homesick, a little.

Tonight I'm having dinner with too-cool Brad the cinematographer, his girlfriend, Cathy, and his sister, Sharon, as well as an old friend who does killer SFX, Adam. It's at a vegetarian place, but I glanced at the menu and this one doesn't look impossible. I guess I do need to make up for the massively great Tex-Mex at Marix, last night...and 2 beers. It was vegetarian, too -- enchiladas, rice and beans with a slathering of guacamole and tons of chips. Mmph.

I was having dinner with my nephew, Daniel Pruske, who's working as an architect...at least, he is till his wife tells him not to. Her wants are, apparently, much more important than his and always have been. Drives me nuts because he gave up a great possibility to further his education in an exclusive program at UCLA and is currently ensconced at his dream architecture firm here in LA, but she's in Dallas with their son and she won't come out because she's at SMU and will be for the next 4 years.

I know he's an adult so the choice is his. It's just...he's so fucking talented and the breaks are falling his way and he can't take advantage of them because of someone else. I dropped the ball on my chances thanks to my own insecurities and immaturity, which is ludicrous but no one is to blame except me. To have his dreams thwarted by his wife...it just plain hurts.

Which makes me glad, in a way, that I'm not involved with anyone, at all, anymore.

No comments: