Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, February 14, 2014

TGIF...


Here's what I've been working on, the last couple days. All it needs, now, is the barcode and the price. I don't know what Pete wants to charge for it, yet. Then this weekend I'll upload it to Lightning Source to do as both paperback and e-book...and I will then close this chapter of my life.

Next is Underground Guy, though I am going to spend an hour a day on prepping How To Rape A Straight Guy for reissue. I bought the photos I need; now comes just formatting the book's text. And I'm going to make it clear this is a very angry, politically oriented book that happens to have some very intense sexual situations in it -- both gay and straight.

I also need to spend some time promoting David Martin and Bobby Carapisi. They aren't selling, and I hope it's because people just don't know about them. But maybe I have a reputation as a bad author...or dangerous one.

Lately, I've begun to think a vicious review of The Lyons' Den killed its sales, mainly because it's the latest commentary about the book and I only have two others that are positive. I took it like an adult and thanked the prick for taking the time to read it...but I wonder at how someone can decide their reaction to anything is the only reaction that counts, and start telling people not to buy your work because they didn't like it? Takes a certain kind of asshole to believe he or she is the arbiter of what should and should not be read, in this world.

Too bad no one else is willing to write a review. I think it's damn good book, and I've had people tell me they liked it...but nothing comes from that except a bit more mortar to build my wall of self-certainty. I'll have to figure out what to do about that, as well. Posting those positive reviews on its FaceBook page did nothing for it.

Such is the life of an author...

No comments: