Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Too blue to care

Working on correcting just the grammar and spelling in French Connection Blues has depressed me so much, I just want to post something fun. Because what that guy did to my work...

I'll get it done. I've been able to keep myself from rewriting the confusing parts, though I have added words where one was obviously missing. But it's not easy, and right now the only reason I'm still doing it is I committed myself to it and I'm keeping my word. Period.

Aw, fuck it. Fuck it all. I'm more than half done; I'll deal with it tomorrow as I wait for the dealers to get done packing.

For right now, here is Ben Cohen, a British rugby star who's straight but not narrow as regards human rights. He's got partial hearing loss but that didn't stop him from making it through several weeks of the British Strictly Come Dancing (their version of Dancing With The Stars) even though he's not really a great dancer. But he's willing to poke fun at himself, and has started an anti-bullying campaign in the UK.

The above photo is one of his costumes while doing the Strictly Come Dancing tour of England.
He's a lovely man and decent human being, it seems. Here's what he looks like without the silly blond wig. A teddy bear of a god with a wife and kids and farm and a dog...who's trying to do good.

It's people like him who keep the hate of the Christian Right and GOP, not to mention the stupidity and ignorance of so many people, from becoming overwhelming...

No comments: