Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, February 21, 2014

Working on it

I worked on making the confrontation between Dev and Sir Redmon better...and it's...getting there. This is a pivotal section of the book and needs to be believable and right. At the moment, it's till too A-B-C for my taste...but it is a case of one man with complete power going against another man who doesn't give a damn what the guy thinks he has in his hand; he's calling the man's bluff. Thing is, the man's not bluffing.

It never ceases to amaze me how a story will start doing its little backflips and manipulations if you just let it. I say I want harsh, hard and romantic...and it's working towards that. Granted, it's more of an Almodovar-style romance than Hollywood; he's infamous for turning expectations on their heads and having people do outlandish things but still wind up happy with each other...or not. Atame is about a man kidnapping and raping a woman then holding her hostage till she falls in love with him. Not mainstream, fer sure.

Lightning Spark just blew me off, and not in a fun way. They won't help find out what the problem is in adapting Pete's book to epub. Instead they said to contact Vook, whom I have used. I dunno, maybe it's just the fact that I have a Mac and most of this stuff is done with PCs. I had that problem, once, with Kindle and had to do an adaptation at work on the office PCs.

Makes you feel so stupid and angry, this kind of crap...and I'm too damn old to be feeling that way.

No comments: