Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Battle scars...

All has finally been revealed in OT. It wasn't easy. I had to chop off 5 pages I'd written and work through the whole revelation chapter, line by line, almost, to get to the end of it. I'm now at a total of 111,351 words over 499 pps with probably 20-25 pps left and god knows how many words. Because I have one last chapter to write, and a bridge between two sections...but that will be that.

Then comes the rewrite...and the re-rewrite. And then feedback to see if it makes any sense or if I've gone off on a tangent, again.

I don't understand why this book's been so damn hard for me to finish. It's almost like I slip into avoidance or some sort of passive-aggressive stance when dealing with it, and Jake's been just as hard. He told me who killed his uncle, and then fought me on how to reveal it. I didn't figure it out until I'd gone through this whole chapter and then it was just handed to me, as if it was no big deal.

Crap, I hope Carli's not gonna be as much of a bitch as Jake has been. No...I don't think she will. She's got a simple goal, and her being the powerhouse lead makes her happy. Doesn't hurt that Zeke's going to be easy on the eyes...even with his tatts. Maybe because of them.

This potential book cover now looks a bit amateurish. I like the images -- and if I can get the okay to license one of Logan McKree's photos, I definitely will; he is the perfect Zeke -- but the layout and lettering are all wrong. One good thing about doing my own covers while republishing my books is seeing what works and what doesn't.

Of course, it'd be a good idea to write the book, first, wouldn't it?

No comments: