Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Feeling better about it...

I've gone through nearly 300 pages of OT and so far only the first couple of chapters were in need of serious work. The rest has been detail work with a bit of info-juggling. I like what I've done, for the most part -- letting character determine the speed of the plot as opposed to rules and regulations for writers. I am getting rid of some redundancies, but overall if builds in a way I like. Nothing forceable about it.

I am honing Jake's manner of speech, more. He's not as verbal as Antony so that is something I'm keeping in mind as I go through. It means getting rid of a couple of nice descriptions, but they just didn't fit into the way Jake talks.

I still found time to find out Conchita Wurst won Eurovision for "Rise Like A Phoenix". Coolness. That means that next year's Eurovision Contest will be held in Vienna.


Conchita's got a great voice, but this song would be perfect for Shirley Bassey. 

No comments: