Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Twisty-turny-stuff...

Well...one bad guy I thought was a bad guy turned out not to be a bad guy and yet is still a bad guy...and that makes sense once you get to it. I think. But Jake's waging war, now, and he's in the mode of the enemy of my enemy is my friend...until the war is over. Then he'll turn the cannons.

I've decided to push on through to the end of the first draft, starting from page 460. Of course, that's based on pages done in 12 point Courier and double-spaced. I figure the final book will be just over 325 pages long. I don't know if I'm going to self-publish it or submit it to STARbooks Press. They said, a couple years ago, they'd like to see my next novel...but I think I'll still have to make sure they're still open, it's been so long.

Right now I've got a headache from a stiff neck and just want to sit in the tub for the rest of my life. I did do some ironing and watched another episode of "Firefly", on a friend's recommendation. This title was "Out of Gas" and I was taken in by how it jumped around in time. The resolution was a bit of a cheat, but redeemed itself by the final line. I think I might have felt differently about the show if they'd done things like this from the beginning.

Guess I will watch the rest of it.

No comments: