Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

I was a jerk...

I found the opening for Bugzters and got going on it, but stopped because there was a meet-up of the local NaNoWriMo writers and I said I'd be there. So I go. It's at a coffee shop not too far from me. I meet a couple of people, but then half a dozen more people show up and we all change locations in the shop and they all break out their laptops...and start writing. Silently. I didn't take my laptop. I thought it was going to be a real meeting. So I left, after an hour, and went grocery shopping.

Seriously, I walked out. Didn't even say goodbye. No one noticed. That is a major violation of etiquette in my world. You always say goodbye, even if you're just there for ten minutes. What's even worse? I don't care. A dozen people spread over four tables tapping away at their projects is not a meeting; it's just herd of cattle munching on their cud.

I came home after the store and made meatloaf, then racked up enough words to make over 2000. All at the beginning. I now have 9 double-spaced pages, and it came out a lot easier than I expected. Oh, it'll need work once I'm done, but I'm still amazed at how it's coming together. I may actually do well, this year.

November 4th is election day, and I dread it. I have this nasty feeling the GOP is going to take both Houses of Congress and we'll have 2 more years of stalemate, down there. Those assholes have done anything they can to make Obama look bad, blaming him for everything from the financial collapse to Ebola. He didn't help himself any by reneging on his promises, continuing Bush's policies on killing terrorists, and kissing Republican ass for so many years, thinking he'd be able to work with them. You can't negotiate compromise with a group of psychotics. It just don't work.

But what makes matters worse is how so damn many Democrats are buying into the idea that Obama's toxic and not championing the things he HAS accomplished -- lowering the deficit, a growing economy, pushing through health care reform, finally taking Social Security "reforms" off the table. Them also apologizing every other breath for things while the GOP ain't apologizing for nothing makes them look weak and indecisive. So millions of Americans will vote against their own best interests thanks to Republican lies and Democrat's wussiness.

Makes you want to puke.

No comments: