Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

It's the little things...

Well...I had a chance to use my PC at work to shift OT from Word to a PDF...and it totally screwed me over. Oh, the headers came out nice. But all of a sudden the book was nearly 100 pages longer and my Table of Contents no longer matched anything. I shifted from Palatino to Times New Roman, which dropped the page count to 360 in the paperback, and I found I also had to change all the headers' fonts because Adobe didn't recognize Calibri. Once I did all of that...it came out lovely.

Except...some of the headers are a bit out of line, again, so I have to work on it, some more. Grr. I think I need to look at a different program to publish my books. That or just do e-books. I dunno. It's brain-numbing getting everything to look right and proper, and I'm trying so hard to make this one look like a professionally published work than a self-published one, I think I've veered into obsessive-compulsive-ville.

I got the template from Ingram Spark to use for my cover, and realized what my mistakes were on the previous covers -- not allowing enough space between the crop lines and the bleed areas. So I've already adjusted the front cover. I'm now going to listen to a seminar on writing book blurbs that sell. See if I can make this one really rock.

I no longer have an ego about my writing -- I know I'm good, but there's always room for improvement.

No comments: