Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

It's official...

The Vanishing of Owen Taylor is now available on Smashwords for $1.99. They say. It's available in mobi, epub, lrf, pdb, and online reader...so I guess that mean's it's officially published. Finally. This hasn't been a long, hard road, no...and truth is, it's still not over. I'm still working on the paperback edition and contemplating the possibility of a hardcover one. But now I have a place to send people if they want to read it now.

It's still a fairly complex story. And, again, I'll be lucky if I make back what it cost me to put it out there. I don't do well with the salesmanship stuff. That I've gone so far as to link it to my website and on Facebook is more than I'd ever done prior to publishing myself.

Maybe I should Twitter...

My brain is now casting about for the next project to take on, since I'm so close to the end of OT. Is it reworking Mine To Kill? Is it completing Underground Guy? Is it finally getting back to Place of Safety? Is it a page one rewrite of The Alice 65? I got no idea. My head hurts and my eyes ache, so any thought of what's next is pretty much carved in shifting sand. All I do know is, Carli's Kills is set, as are Marked For Death and Find Ray T.

I do want to make at least a small change to Adam in A65 -- putting in a couple more instances where he talks in Latin and German and sings a book into the staging room, where it will be photographed. Quirky stuff.

I guess that's my middle name -- quirky.

No comments: