Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, April 10, 2016

What could go wrong?

So...I spend all weekend getting ready to submit The Vanishing of Owen Taylor to Ingram to be published...and just as I'm loading it up...I find I misspelled the photographer's name. The man who's letting me use his work. NOT cool.

Thing is, I can't do anything about it, tonight. I'll have to wait till I'm at the office, tomorrow, and re-save the Word docs as PDFs once I've corrected that. Sooooooo irritating.

Here's how the cover finally wound up. I wasn't having much luck with the red when I shifted from RGB to CMYK -- it kept going orange until I removed a mask on the lettering. Still not great, so I went into heighten the red hues. It's better, but when I submit I'm going to ask if they can do anything about that. I want it red, not sort-of-kind-of reddish.

I guess if I'm going to be doing this, I'll need to upgrade my Photoshop and look into other formats to do the publishing text in. And get a better website. Meaning, I'll also need to upgrade my computer...or maybe get a tablet. I dunno. I better find out how much this book is costing, once it's done.

Self-publishing is such a pain...

No comments: