Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Make that 206 pages...

I shifted my Word doc into a PDF to use as a copyright file. I copyrighted the story in screenplay format, but it's changed a fair amount from that so I'm going to do it, again. It's only $30 if I do it online and is worth it. The book's mine till I've been dead for 70 years, so that might be good enough.

I've got about half my screenplays copyrighted, and all of my books. I keep saying I'll get every one of them done but it takes a lot more free time than I have, right now. I don't want to just dump them into the system and run.

I did get the OK on the changes needed for my Library of Congress PCN. It's now listed in their system un The Alice '65. It can be looked up under LCCN 2018901455. I feel very real.

If A65 does well, after I'm done with P/S I may shift The Cowboy King of Texas into novel form. That way I could explore each character's history a lot more deeply and still have fun with it. I owe better than I've done to that script; It's the first one that got me noticed as a screenwriter, and almost got me an agent.

Tomorrow night's taxes and me finding out how much I'm not paying the government. I'm still pissed as hell about that vile tax bill rammed through by the GOP. The positive thing is, it doesn't affect me till I do my taxes, next year, and by then maybe we'll have kicked the bastards out and revoked the damned thing.

Oh, I'm tired. It's been a long week and threatens to be longer, next week. I'm off to Austin for my niece's wedding, next Friday, and will see people I haven't seen or spoken with in nearly 7 years...some by choice. It's only for a couple days, and Austin is a respite from the rest of Texas, but still...

It'll be nice to be there for those I care about...

2 comments:

FJ said...

Speaking of commas : have you read Oliver Kamm’s book Accidence Will Happen? In the section on commas, he quotes Lynn Truss’s dedication for Eats, Shoots and Leaves. She wrote “…printers in St. Petersburg who, in 1905, demanded…” Might this be a helpful example for using commas as you hear your text? I agree with Kamm and Truss that putting a comma after Petersburg would make the rhythm clunky. So, when you’re revising, go with what sounds right.

Rooting for your publishing date with you.
Frank J

JamTheCat said...

Thanks, Frank J! I'm trying to do that...and looks like I may actually have...