Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Closer...closer...

Looks like The Alice '65 will be 204 pages...including blank and title pages; actual story is 189 pages long. That's in a 5.5x8.5 size using Times New Roman font, 10 point and 1.15 inch spacing between the lines. I like how it looks so will probably keep it like that. This makes the spine .5 inches thick, in hardcover...slim, but not too slim...

The more I look at the cover, the more I like it. It's brighter and sunnier than anything else I could come up with, and I think the models for Adam, Casey and Gertrude are just right. It's a very off-the-wall kind of story, but with dark undertones...and I think this will help it. Guess we'll see once it happens.

I printed out one last copy to red pen, this weekend, then that's it. I'm doing a backwards proofing and figure that's as close as I can get without paying $500 to an editor to go through it in more detail...and considering I've had it proofed 3 times already and still found mistakes the proofers missed, I don't think it'd be worth the money.

I can't do anything on the book till the weekend because I'm doing taxes on Friday and have to get everything in order. I'm tempted to just not pay them, thanks to that disgraceful bill passed by the sneaky-assed GOP...who are finally realizing they screwed it up. The only joy I get from this spectacle is how Czar Snowflake won't let them change it. Why should he? They handed the keys to the treasury over to him and increased the nation's debt by a trillion bucks, to do it.

I so despise that party, right now, I don't even want to be around anyone who voted Republican in 2016.

No comments: