Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, February 9, 2018

A65 will be finalized this weekend...

At least, the editing will be. I'm not going to just sit and wait, anymore. If I don't hear back from the LoC by Wednesday evening about correcting the title, I'll send in a new request with another ISBN. Considering how squirrelly the government's been, lately, I may not get an answer from them for months, and that's not happening. I want the book out and available.

So first comes finalizing the form and details of it, so I know the page count. Then prepping the dust jacket for the hardback. Then prepping the e-book, which doesn't need the LoC number, and finalizing an image to use for its avatar. I can release that, first, if need be. Last comes a proof of the book to make sure it looks decent and then...release...

I guess this also means I'll need to start promoting it, so it's better known. See if I can get a review out of Publishers Weekly. A lot to do in little time, this being book fair season and me already pushed to finish what needs doing at work.

I'm also pulling together 3 quotes for packing jobs -- 1 in NYC, 1 in Indiana, 1 in England -- on top of having quoted for 2 others in New Jersey and NYC. And then there's Tokyo and the NY Book Fair and London's Book Week coming up. It'll be fun.

God...such fun...and what's funny is, I'm not being facetious.

No comments: