Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, February 12, 2018

Another California Book Fair done...

Meaning I'm staying late at work to help get everything in order for the return of dealers to their homes. I'm more backup in the office than anything else, completing paperwork and sending pdfs and getting quotes and checking on shipments and handling the phones. That's about it...and that's a lot. I'm not as fast as the others I work with and that can be irritating to them, I know, but if I speed up I fuck up. That would be even more irritating.

I'm also trying to complete a couple of quotes for a packing job in Oxford, England and in NYC to go to the UK, and I do have a packing job lined for Indiana, next month. I fly into Louisville, not someplace I ever planned to go...but I'm getting close to being able to say I've been to every state in the Union. Right now all I need is Montana, South Dakota, Alaska and Kansas. And I'm not talking about plane-hopping. I'm talking about going there for work.

I did get settled down enough to do a couple more chapters of editing on A65...and made some more detail changes. Nothing major, just little aspects to handle things that would come up in reality, concerning the book Adam's after. They sort of tie everything up at the end, in ways I'm enjoying. I even found another book reference for Adam to make, when he's making a point.

I'm in a dangerous place now, with the story -- I've fallen in love with Adam and Casey and when that happens it's usually a bad sign. But I can't help it. I feel protective of them both and am worried about sending them out into the cold cruel world where some people will do anything they can to hurt others just to prove they have some form of effect on life.

It's pathetic...but it's reality.

No comments: