A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Monday, October 5, 2026

Sidetracking...

I started my graph for the timeline of MQM then hopped over to my dermatology appointment. And got kicked off center.

A couple precancerous growths are on my face and arms, one requiring a biopsy. Results come next week.

I've already dealt with a cancer being removed on my right jawline, which was no big deal, but now it's making itself better known. Got a cream that's supposed to handle most of them.

But it messes with your equilibrium, something I don't have a lot of to begin with. So en route home I stopped at Dickeys and had a meal of turkey, potato salad and cole slaw and sat there, after eating, for an extra half hour. I didn't want to come home.

After that, I went to a grocery store to get a few things and meandered about, not wanting to go home.

I've noticed that more and more in me, lately. I must be getting tired of keeping myself in. I can go days without seeing anyone or talking to anyone and be fine, but every now and then I get really sick of it and just want to stay away.

So I got nothing more done on the graph. No thoughts about Simon and his situation, at all. Just feeling old and tired and unsure about everything.

So tonight I'm re-watching Ludwig, on BritBox. It's a goofy, very British murder mystery set in Cambridge, using the logic of puzzles to solve murders. Season 2 is about to fire up and I want to renew Season 1 in my head.

And see if I can just relax.

No comments: