But it's proving to be difficult. I'm at the point where Simon receives the article written from Zack's interview with him for a semi-weekly gay newspaper. So that needs to be written. And there's the ad posted online...set to also be in the print edition of the next issue, which won't be coming out till after the trial.
Those bits aren't really led up to in what's done, so far. Is that going to cause issues? Or should Chris and Elissa even know about it, yet? Same for Ivan...
I'm still leery about continuing in the direction I've got plotted out. My complaint is how shallow it seems. Which completely ignores how this is a first draft. Officially. Where I'm working out the story...
Even though I'm not, really. It is worked out. It's just up to me to hunker down and complete it.
Have I lost interest in it? Am I just avoiding facing that possibility? It did sort of worm its way into my consciousness, despite my preferences. Am I finally done with it? Has finishing it become too much of an obligation?
I do feel like I'm undergoing some major changes in my life, and not only physically and emotionally. There's something mental included. A drifting towards a simplicity that I've longed for yet never really sought.
Travel no longer interests me. I don't even like to leave my apartment. It was a big deal for me to do that tango with WalMart, seeking my planner, and I only went out yesterday because I needed milk...so got a haircut, too, to get that out of the way.
Today, I stayed in and tried to ignore the world. Didn't do all that great a job of it, still it seems Leave me alone is my new goal.
I guess Candide is having an effect on me.


No comments:
Post a Comment