Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, January 23, 2015

Crazy time begins...

Let's see, we have two book fairs and a map fair, four packing jobs and a scouting trip happening in the next four weeks...including what looks like a probable trip to Lisbon, Portugal the last week of February. My head's spinning trying to keep track of it all.

Sunday I'm driving 350 miles to scout out another packing job that's not due for a while but will be good-sized. The 8th I'm headed to Miami to handle the Miami Map Fair after spending a week in LA on two other jobs. Both whirlwind trips because of all the paperwork that needs to be addressed for the California book fairs.

It amazes me, sometimes, that I'm able to still be able to work on OT. But I've gone through two more chapters, again, and it's twisting its way to the end. My feeling is, the explanation's still to convoluted, so I'm going to keep aiming for clarity. Problem is, that increases my word count, something I've been trying to avoid.

I did get an idea for the book's cover image. An over-the shoulder shot of Jake, looking back at the camera, his face in profile; a silhouette of a man's figure on a hillside in the near distance; and the lights of Palm Springs spread out between them up to a set of dark mountains and midnight sky. I did a quickie sketch of it, last night. Now I just need time to start working on it.

Ah, time...the poor man's luxury...

No comments: