Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 13, 2017

Write the book, first...

By the time I get done with The Alice '65, it will be nearly nothing like the script I initially wrote. Well...not exactly; the structure is still basically the same. It's just, as I work on the details of how events unfold in this new version, I learn things about the characters that would have been lovely in the screenplay...and other characters help keep the story just enough off-center to make it not only interesting but unusual.

At least, I hope so. I've been wrong, before.

For example -- by adding one little moment on the plane, where Adam's seatmate paints a henna tattoo on his left hand after her son vomited on him (and after he's cleaned himself up) has become a running gag. Super style guru Orisi sees it and has her tracked down to do the other hand...which leads to her knowing Adam will be at the premier so she brings her husband, who's a Casey Blanchard fanatic, and they treat Adam so much like he's famous, the other people in the premier crowd start thinking he is, taking attention away not only from Lando when he arrives...but also Casey as she's doing her celebrity thing...and getting a bit miffed, none of which Adam intends...or notices.

And there's more to come.

God only knows when I'll get this done...

Oh...and The Lyons' Den will be available in paperback as of Wednesday, the 15th, through Amazon.

No comments: