Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, January 27, 2019

Lost weekend...

I'm not sure what's going on inside me, but I did absolutely nothing on APoS, this weekend. I don't know why; I was just...completely unmotivated. Couldn't even get started reading on any of the books I have for it.

Next weekend's going to be pretty much a bust, as well, since I'm headed down to Miami for the Map Fair. And the weekend of the 16th I'm flying to the UK for a packing job. Sheesh...I'll be doing dibs and drabs on the story after work, every day, as much as I can...and that ain't much.

I hate it when I get like this...all full of ennui and apathy and shit. It's absurd...and yet, as an artist I'm sure it's the normal ebbs and flows of live's creative juices lost in the neverending ethernet of existence.

I should use that comment somewhere, it's so silly.

I did finally finish working up another website for my adult material...and by adult I mean not suitable for under 18. Hell, considering how insane people are getting, these days, it may also not be suitable for anyone over the age of forty. So damn many people seem to think it's their right to force their version of morality down your throat.

I'm still getting notices from Tumblr about "adult content" on my thread, there. I've gotten to where I ask for a review just to be an asshole. Rub their noses in it. For all the good that'll do. It's only for a few more days. I've been in contact with the people whose work I like -- like PickedAPeck's and ZanVarin's and WereOrc's artwork -- and let them know. And I can check two of them out on Deviant Art. I'm sorry to lose the close contact but it's that or kiss Tumblr's ass...

Tonight I watched the SAG Awards as I ironed. I haven't seen a one of the shows that won...or even were nominated. It was just fun watching the congratulatory comments going around and remembering that the first SAG Awards was only 25 years ago...about the time I moved to LA.

I had hopes and wishes and dreams, then.

No comments: