Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, February 8, 2019

Memory...

When I worked at Book Soup, I was usually the 4-midnight shift. Sometimes I'd walk to work instead of drive, which entailed heading up San Vicente to La Cienega then up to Sunset, meaning the reverse heading back. But en route home about half the time I'd stop at the Norm's on La C and have an early morning breakfast -- eggs over easy, hash browns, bacon, hot tea, sometimes a short stack. It was the best.

I worked really late, today, so thought I'd try that out, again. There's a 24 hour diner not all that far from me so I bopped in...and ordered as close as I could to what I used to...but they don't do hash browns. What kind of diner don't do hash browns? And everything was served warm, not hot. Even the tea was just warm.

Man...it's true what they say -- you can't revisit your memories in reality.

No comments: