Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

67,500

I just input some bits into Allen's first section of BC-3 and edited out some others, as I seem stuck at 65,700 words. I can live with that because a lot needs to be tied together (without it seeming like I'm tying things together). It wasn't anything major that I put in; just Allen being snarky about how bad Eric looks when he visits him for the first time in prison. It ties into the ending better and cuts back on how much Allen has to say in order to snipe at Eric.

Doing this little bit of writing's helped me relax a lot. Today was rough at the job. I wound up with 141 boxes in a basement and all of them needed to go upstairs. I moved a good half of them all by myself. 70-odd trips up and down the stairs. I started getting a headache so had to stop; apparently that's one of the symptoms of altitude sickness. Or exhaustion. Plus my knees are not happy with me. But it's done and the guy I did the packing job for and the two guys sent out by the trucking company did the rest, then the trucker boys -- one of whom was a skinny 22 year old who carried two boxes up at a time, the little twerp -- built the skids and shrink-wrapped them and ferried them onto the truck and left at just about dark.

I was so tired, I didn't bother eating. I had some yogurt in the fridge and a packet of oatmeal at the hotel, so that was dinner. I;ll eat a good lunch, tomorrow, since I won't have time to eat between planes in Chicago. Why the hell does Southwest time their plane changes so tightly? Not even an hour between the two flights, and I'll bet I'll have to get to the other end of the airport to catch it, like I had to once before.

What's even more fun is, I'm taking a box of paper back with me...I hope. It's about 50 pounds and I hate to throw it out, so I'm going to try and check it through as luggage. We'll see if it works. Shipping it would cost $60 via UPS!

Tired. Time for a sit in the tub.

No comments: