Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

BC-3 is done

I just sent "Bobby Carapisi - Book 3" off to the same publisher as the other two volumes.  I'm a bit uncomfortable about this one, because lately I've been getting the impression he's avoiding me.  It's funny, but I realized a long time ago he wasn't going to pay me what he owed me so I haven't been pushing for money in months.  Hell, I can't even find out how many books I've sold; he hasn't updated my sales figures from nearly a year ago.  So now when I call, he suddenly has "another call coming in" and says he'll call me back and doesn't.  I'm beginning to feel unappreciated.

But that's beside the point.  To me, the important thing is the books are out there and available, and I've done right by him in my own mind.  I gave him three books of erotica (1 in 2 volumes) to off-set the fact that BC 1&2 haven't sold all that well.  The fact is, HTRASG is still my best seller (it's his second best seller after a book on female orgasms, go figure).  My first book that's my most controversial (I actually had a gay bookstore buyer tell me they got complaints when they put it on the shelf) is selling consistently in both paperback and Kindle.  PM and RIHC6 do all right, but not on the same scale.  BC...I don't think it's even hit the 200 copy minimum in sales to count, yet, combined.  Which is understandable.  It's not exactly an erotic bit of fun.

Fuck it...right now I'm happy I got BC-3 completed and the whole series of books is done.  From rough beginning to a hopeful end.  I've done right by the characters and story, no question in my mind.  Only took me about 9 years from conception to completion...but it IS completed.  And if it's published, it will have a consistent look.  I'll be happy.

So...next Monday begins NaNoWriMo...and I haven't decided yet if I'm going to participate. I'm still a bit drained from BC-3 and POS needs tending to.  I guess I won't know what I'm doing till the 1st.

No comments: