Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Causation

This is for a friend and fellow writer, Kyle Cicero.  He used this guy -- Simon Dexter -- to build his werewolf prince in the "Mark Julian" series of mysteries.  As you can see, Simon's building a solid career modeling as he tries to get going as an actor.  He's certainly got the looks for it...and got me to thinking.

He'd be a good look for the character of Noah in the book version of "Coby O' and the Pink Palace of Texas".  Coby's the main character but it's Noah driving by in a classic convertible who's the catalyst for the mystery and chaos that ensues, so I'm doing a bit of theft here.  Guess I'm just naughty by nature.

And here's what Coby looks like, to me.
Just your typical groundskeeper, right?

Oh, the "pink palace" refers to the Texas state capitol building; it's made of pink granite.

I'm going to try and make the story a fun romp filled with romance and suspense and the usual political and social commentary that I so love to spout.  Less anger and more tenderness.  We'll see how it turns out.  One thing's for sure -- Texans sure as hell ain't gonna like what I do with their capitol building.  Hee-hee.

UPDATE: No, this kid's too cute to be Coby.  I have another guy in mind, if I can find his photo.

No comments: