Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, October 11, 2010

I cannot do what I want to do..

Which probably means I don't really want to do it. In order to complete BC-3, I added another bit and alluded to an explanation for everything that's happened (without actually SAYING it) and bumped the story up over 67,000 words. I was trying to keep it, first, at 60K then at 65K...but finally I had to accept that it will be the length it is.

I'm still a bit tender from the back and forth with Brendan about my writing, and from my growing uncertainty in my ability to tell the story. Again. I'm like my own little five step program.

1. Start a story.
2. Question my capacity to write it well.
3. Go ahead and start writing.
4. Feel good about it.
5. Back to 2.

It's getting to be monotonous. And predictable.

It's late. I'm tired. Long day, today.

No comments: