Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

In Denver's Airport there is no up...

Only down. If you're on the South end of the East Terminal. You cannot get up to the food area by escalator; you have to find an elevator or go to the North side, because on THAT end of the East Terminal, there is no down, only up. So you cannot get down to the security area from the North and you cannot get to your food area from the South. And no one I asked seems to know why.

I know why -- the people who run this place are just plain stupid. And I mean that in every sense of the word, from dumb to ignorant to uncaring. With two caveats -- the WiFi's free -- slow...but free; and they have a Panda Express so I had their Beijing Beef for lunch.

Of course, I can't blame them for the shrieking child with a decibel level of 110 whose mother is ignoring her screams.

Positive thing is, by flying Southwest Airlines I was able to check through two boxes of left over packing material at no cost. How's that for living dangerously?

I've had a low-grade headache the last couple of days, which apparently is a sign of altitude sickness. Some people get migraines. Some get nausea. Others get short of breath for a bit then they're fine. I had that the first day then the headache started trying to make itself known. Never bad enough to matter, just sort of lurking there. I'm glad to be headed home.

Mom's getting out of the hospital tomorrow and back to the rehab center. And I have a free flight coming so I'll head home for Christmas.

Almost time for my plane to board. I may sleep on this flight.

No comments: