Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Nothing much to say

It looks like THE LYONS' DEN has decided to take over my thoughts.  Daniel's voice is currently the loudest and most insistent as regards writing a book during NaNoWriMo.  I've got the opening sentences -- "I made the bet because I wanted to get back together with Tad.  Isn't that the dumbest reason in the world to do anything?"  Plus Daniel's changed his look from one that's boyish and polished to one that's more raw and damaged.  Don't know how that'll work for farce or comedy...but I guess we'll see.

This is how I envision Tad -- a golden boy producer who's lovely  
and knows it only too damn well. He's also the image for Ace Shostakovich, a fictional detective Daniel writes about in his books.
And then there's Van...who may or may not be on Daniel's side...hell, who may or may not even be what he seems...but who's the first person to break Daniel's fixation on Tad.
And that's enough of that, for now.  I just want to drift for a while...like I did over San Francisco two years ago.
Posting note -- initially I was going to have the guy I'm using as Tad portray Van and vise-verse...but things changed once I saw them on the same page...and I just didn't change the names on their respective jpgs. But they work perfectly as they are, now, which surprised me...because Derrick Davenport [Van] comes across as hard-assed and obnoxious in all his other photos while Levi Poulter [Tad] always seems warm and wise. But these two shots altered the landscape completely. Odd how that turns out.

No comments: