Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, February 3, 2012

IN SF

I like flying even less than usual, lately, and Southwest is getting to be a chore. The flight from Buffalo to Chicago was okay since I had an open seat next to me, but to San Francisco was a nasty four hours long. And that plane was packed so tight, they were using shoe horns to get people in their seats. I took an aisle seat, sort of anticipating this, so has a bit of room, but the guy next to me was on the beefy side, as was the woman in the window seat. And I seriously think they've made the aisle-way more narrow, because I got bumped by every person going by.

I still got some work done on POS. I had to rework the October 5th part I'd written to better suit the actual events; I'd compressed them too much and found a detailed description of what happened to help me better situate it. It's still told from Brendan's perspective, so exact details are unnecessary.

Anyway, by doing this, I've bumped up over 52K in wordage.

And now I'm beat. I was scrunched in my seat, using one finger of my left hand to type with while doing most of the typing with my right hand. My neck hurts and I started the day off with a bit of a headache that the pane trip did not help. When airlines reach the point where they think they can take their customers for granted, you know it's the end of the line for them.

Or not. We've become a nation of sheep, so why would we rebel against being treated like cattle?


When I do this packing job in New Haven, I'm driving down. And I relish the freedom of that.

2 comments:

Brad Rushing said...

Yeah, but do you have any friends in New Haven to welcome and entertain you!!

JamTheCat said...

Never even heard of the place until yesterday.

And one can drive cross-country, if one has the time. What's surprising is, how may book dealers actually did that.