Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oscars, tonight...

...And I haven't seen a one of the movies, yet. The one and only film I saw in a theatre this year was "The Woman In Black" with friends in LA. I meant to, really I did. But I didn't do it. So I have no real favorites or care who will win all that much...except I do have a soft spot for George Clooney and his Cary Grant grin. Dunno about the movie; I wasn't all that crazed about Alexander Payne's last film, "Sideways".

But we'll see if tonight's any fun. I have my chips and bean dip and way too much Dr. Pepper, so I'm set. I'm even doing my taxes as I watch...well...prepping for my taxes. We'll see how that goes.

I just watched Nick Nolte not understand a word his seriously British interviewer said, and then answer in very off-kilter ways. For example, he had a crow as a pet. Se asked him if he had a crow as a pet. He said, What? Then talked about a crow that was in a movie of his...I think.

And the French actor in "The Artist" was obviously high on life, because he did a soft-shoe as he was being interviewed and had a lot of trouble with his English and his grin was so wide, it was threatening to break his face in half, and he likes the Cinnamon Rolls in LA! Je suis tres heureux pour voir ce homme est trop gentil etre un acteur vrai. Et Il est beau, aussi. Merde.

Now I should try to do this in my just-as-mangled Spanish. HA!

Hm...maybe this will be fun, after all.

No comments: