Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Quickie

I have to make this fast before the unstable WiFi signal in this Holiday Inn Express fades out, again. I appreciate them working with me and changing the reservation to today, and it's a nice hotel, overall, but I can't answer e-mails or do anything online for more than five minutes at a time. I recall having a similar problem when I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express over by JFK, so it must be something endemic to the hotel. Never have this problem at La Quinta and rarely at Best Western or Motel 6.

I started work at a quarter to nine and left Buffalo at 1pm then drove 8 solid hours to get to DC, so I'm beat. And tomorrow's going to be a long day -- packing and driving another 300+ miles. On this trip my mind's been blank when it comes to creative things. I was trying to work out something for Jake...I'm suddenly afraid of making him seem bland in comparison to Antony's psychotic behavior...but not one note in the whole 440 miles.

Didn't help I ate a nasty burger at a Wendy's outside Harrisburg; I need some milk.

I will say, I'm looking forward to having some steady 9-5s, again, so I can get back to my writing, consistently instead of this catch as catch can stuff. I have too much to do to be so scattered.

No comments: